SS 316 Split plummer block housingsA NEW GENERATION OF SPLIT PLUMMER BLOCK BEARING HOUSINGS DESIGNED FOR CORROSION RESISTANCE AND MINIMAL MAINTENANCE
Since their introduction several decades ago, SE plummer block bearing housings have set the standard for split plummer (pillow) block housings. Now Extreme Bearing engineers created a new corrosion resistant generation of Stainless steel plummerblockbearing housings manufactured with SS316 materials, higher machining accu- racy, and a number of new features that improve the serviceability of these robust units. In addition to extending the service life of bearings, particularly in applications where a locating/non-locating bearing arrangement is used on a stainless steel machine, EBL design plummerblock bearing housings deliver significant environmental advantages over the housings they replace. Stainless steel Split plummer block design allows for easy mounting and dismounting of pre-assembled shafts. Sealing options – Extreme Bearing offers a range of sealing options including oil seals, labyrinth seals, or heavy-duty taconite seals. Case end covers are available. Multi-relubrication points are provided to ensure relubrication of the bearing depending on orientation. Plummer block Housing are supplied with spacer rings in order to provide axial location. Those can be omitted for “free end” axial front.
- Stainless steel 316 and new design – Hygienic and strength properties come from combination of corrosion-resistant stainless steel and pillow block design architecture
- Improved machining accuracy – results in a more accurate bearing seat in the housing, which reduces vibration and the resulting heat to extend bearing and grease service life
- Improved heat dissipation – lowers operating temperatures to help extend grease and bearing service life
- Improved lubrication distribution – less grease usage, better bearing lubrication as a result of a more efficient grease guiding system
- Improved serviceability – simplifed mounting and alignment
High quality sealsAn important advantage of Extreme Bearing plummer block housings is that they can be fitted with different seal types.Double-lip seals are made of polyurethane, a wear-resistant material which has good elastic properties. The seals are split so that they are easy to fit. They are intended for grease lubrication and can be used at peripheral speeds of up to 8 m/s. Same as double-lip seals, four-lip seals are very effective and easy to mount. However, they generate less friction and can accommodate higher shaft speeds.
Easily replaceableStainless steel EBL design housings will supersede common plummer (pillow) block housings. In general, information is the same for Split housings (with regards to housing variants, sealing solutions, system design, lubrication, mounting, condition monitoring and accessories) as for common cast housings.
Typical industries, examples
- Food processing and agriculture washing
- Material handling
- Fluid machinery
- Package machinery
- corrosion resistance
- Longer bearing service life
- Reduced grease usage
- Easier servicing
- Reduced environmental impact